Stapler Hemorrhoidopexy is also known as Stapler Hemorrhoidectomy. It is a surgical procedure used for the treatment of Hemorrhoids. Piles are also called as hemorrhoids and it is a very common condition in the society. Hemorrhoids are swollen veins in anus and lower rectum similar to varicose veins. Piles or Hemorrhoids are occurred due to the straining during bowel movements or from the increased pressure on veins during pregnancy. Internal Hemorrhoids are located inside the rectum and external hemorrhoids are developed under the skin around the anus. Although hemorrhoids occur in everyone, they become large and cause problems in a few people only. Hemorrhoid problems are found equally in men and women. Stapler Hemorrhoidopexy is a surgical procedure of removing abnormally enlarged hemorrhoidal tissue and repositioning the remaining hemorrhoidal tissue back to its normal anatomic position.
Dr Gaurav Mishra is one of the best Laparoscopic Surgeon and Colo-proctologist in Mumbai. He is an expert in the treatment of colon, rectum and anus diseases. Dr Gaurav Mishra has performed lots of complex Stapler Hemorrhoids Surgeries successfully.
Symptoms of Hemorrhoids
Common symptoms of Hemorrhoids include:
- Painless bleeding during bowel movements
- Itching or irritation in anal region
- Pain or discomfort
- Swelling around anus
- A lump near anus
Causes of Hemorrhoids
- Straining during bowel movements
- Sitting for long periods of time on the toilet
- Chronic diarrhea
- Anal intercourse
- Low-fiber diet
This procedure is also called as stapled hemorrhoidectomy or stapled hemorrhoidopexy. Stapler Hemorrhoidopexy is mainly used for the treatment of internal hemorrhoids. This procedure is performed to block blood flow to hemorrhoidal tissue.
Procedure of Hemorrhoidopexy
- A laparoscopic surgeon performs physical examination of patient and a Patient is given general anesthesia.
- Laparoscopic surgeon inserts a hollow, circular tube into the patient’s anal canal and a suture is placed circumferentially within the anal canal above the internal hemorrhoids.
- Then the ends of the suture are taken out of the anus through the hollow tube. In this surgery, a Stapler device is used. The stapler is a disposable surgical instrument with a circular stapling device is attached at the end.
- This stapler device is placed through the first hollow tube and the ends of the suture are pulled. After pulling the suture pulls, the expanded hemorrhoidal supporting tissue comes into the jaws of the stapler. The hemorrhoidal cushions are then pulled back up into their normal position within the anal canal
- When the stapler fires, it cutsoff the circumferential ring of expanded hemorrhoidal tissue which is trapped within the stapler and at the same time staples together the upper and lower edges of the cut tissue.
- Stapled hemorrhoidectomy is faster than traditional hemorrhoidectomy and takes approximately 30 minutes.
Stapler Hemorrhoidopexy has various benefits over traditional Hemorrhoidopexy such as less pain and faster recovery. In case of any complications, patient should inform surgeon immediately. Patient should also avoid heavy activities for quicker and healthy recovery.
Dr Gaurav Mishra is a well known and highly experienced General Laparoscopic Surgeon in Mumbai. He is a specialist in the colon, rectum, anal and stomach diseases. Dr Gaurav Mishra is a skillful in Piles treatment and performed numerous complex pile surgeries successfully.